Welcome to the West Monroe Partners 2014 Technology Case Competition Website. The purpose of the competition is to provide undergraduate Illinois students with an opportunity to compete and showcase their knowledge, skills, and abilities by solving a domain problem through the use of web-based technologies.
Teams of up to three undergraduate students from Purdue, Illinois, and DePauw will have three weeks to solve a business case by designing, developing, and deploying a web application. From a business perspective, this will require analyzing the business case, gathering functional requirements, and managing the development of a product that solves the case. On the technical side, students will be expected to design and build a database, develop the application’s server-side code, connect the database to the application, design and build the user interface, and deploy the application to cloud hosted infrastructure.
After a demo and technical review, the winning team from each school will receive iPad Minis and will be invited to compete for the grand prize. This final competition will require finalists to present the business problem and how they solved it using technology to West Monroe Partners senior executives at our Chicago office. The competition kicks off in January, so make sure to sign up quickly!
West Monroe Partners is actively seeking college hires to join its Technology solution line (both internship and full-time positions are available).
We wish you luck and look forward to seeing the creative ideas that you will bring to this year’s competition. For more information please reach out to Mark Lewan at email@example.com.
An Info Session (food provided!) will be held on Friday, November 1st at 5PM in Engineering Hall 106B8. Click here for the slides from the info session.
- Registration due - Sunday, January 26th at 11:59pm
- Kickoff and business case provided - Monday, January 27th (location and time TBD)
- Competition begins - Monday, January 27th
- Competition ends - Monday, February 17th at 5pm
- Demo day on campus - Tuesday, February 18th or Wednesday, February 19th (location and time TBD)
- West Monroe Partners code review - Thursday, February 20th
- Finalists announced - Friday, February 21st
- Final presentations in Chicago - Friday, February 28th